SUWANEE, Ga. and FOSTER CITY, Calif., Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) and Sling Media, Inc. have entered into an agreement to make ARRIS the exclusive worldwide distributor of Sling technology to cable, telco and wireless service providers worldwide. Under the agreement, ARRIS will be the sole provider of Sling technology for both video gateways and standalone devices intended for such service providers.
This marks the latest development in the companies' recent collaboration, which kicked off last month with the launch of the ARRIS MS4000, bringing multiscreen, placeshifting capabilities to the ARRIS Whole Home Solution with MOXI.
The agreement positions ARRIS as the premier source of placeshifting multiscreen solutions for global service providers. The company is leveraging its global scale and solutions expertise in ODM, video, and software/systems integration to deliver Sling technology to providers in three main ways:
- Standalone devices – offering turnkey Sling-based hardware solutions, like the MS4000 multiscreen device
- Video gateways – integrating Sling technology into its industry-leading portfolio of headed and headless gateways
- Multivendor devices – licensing Sling technology to third-party manufacturers
ARRIS is planning a phased rollout of the Sling Media technology to global service providers, with the launch of the MS4000 in early 2014, followed by video gateway offerings and technology licensing for multivendor devices."Our exclusive agreement with Sling Media further solidifies our position as the leading provider of transcoding solutions for the future of multiscreen…everywhere," said John Burke, SVP Corporate Strategy & Development; President Cloud Solutions Business, ARRIS. "We selected Sling Media for their complementary expertise in placeshifting technology. This collaboration rounds out our broad multiscreen portfolio in the cloud, network, and home to give global providers a variety of ways to let consumers enjoy their media, their way." According to the Fourth Annual Media Engagement Barometer by ARRIS, most global consumers now expect these types of "your media, your way" services: the average consumer uses multiscreen services away from home four days a week, and over a quarter download TV programs to their mobile devices on a daily basis. Sling Media technology gives subscribers the ability to watch their live and recorded content on tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices – in the home and on-the-go.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV