Trade-Ideas: Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- RDS.B has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.0 million.
- RDS.B traded 64,786 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:02 AM, representing 10.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RDS.B with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RDS.B NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RDS.B: Royal Dutch Shell plc operates as an independent oil and gas company worldwide. The company explores for and extracts crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.2%. RDS.B has a PE ratio of 8.7. The average volume for Royal Dutch Shell has been 851,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal Dutch Shell has a market cap of $216.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Royal Dutch Shell as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RDS.B's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.82 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC reported lower earnings of $8.50 versus $9.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($15.08 versus $8.50).
- The gross profit margin for ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.88%. Regardless of RDS.B's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.54% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Royal Dutch Shell Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.