GERMANTOWN, Md., Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hughes Europe, the European operating and sales organization of Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES), today announced that Hamburg-based mecom Medien-Communikations-Gesellschaft mbH, Germany's leading company in the transmission of news in text, image, graphics, audio and video formats, has chosen the high-performance Hughes HX broadband satellite system to power its scalable and efficient digital network needed to meet growth plans.
The new fault-tolerant solution will be rolled out over the next 12 months and will include two Hughes HX central hubs and broadband satellite terminals at 600 sites in the current mecom network. To ensure maximum system stability, the second central hub will provide fully automatic redundancy as a backup. mecom's decision to select Hughes technology was based on a successful 20-year relationship between the two companies, during which Hughes Europe has provided mecom with a flexible and easy-to-integrate system.
Ulrich Wiehsalla, managing director of mecom, said, "Our very demanding customers expect from mecom not only a highly reliable, highly topical, and simultaneous supply of content, but they also pay particular attention to authenticity. They want to be certain that they receive the content issued, for example, by the German press agency (dpa) with a 100% guarantee. Especially in the area of security services, it is essential that mecom continues to function effectively, even in a crisis situation where public networks are not working. We have done this in the past and want to ensure we maintain this in the future."Providing a closed network for hundreds of receivers on a single central hub allows mecom to realize operational and maintenance benefits on a high-quality network at optimal cost. As part of the new agreement, Hughes will also provide comprehensive hardware support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV