WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The first MinuteClinic walk-in medical clinics in Northern California and the Bay Area have opened inside select CVS/pharmacy stores in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. MinuteClinic is a division of CVS Caremark Corporation and the largest provider of retail medical clinics in the United States.
Three MinuteClinic locations are now operating in Foster City, San Jose and Sunnyvale CVS/pharmacy stores. Four additional clinics will begin to treat patients in November in Burlingame, Campbell, Mountain View and Santa Clara.
The walk-in medical clinics are open seven days a week with no appointment necessary. Most major health insurance is accepted. For patients paying cash or credit, treatment prices are posted at each clinic and on www.minuteclinic.com. The cost for most services starts at $79.
There are 35 MinuteClinic locations elsewhere in California spanning from the San Fernando Valley to San Diego. MinuteClinic's entry into Northern California is part of the company's national expansion plan to open 150 clinics nationwide in 2013."Since opening the first clinics in Southern California in 2007, MinuteClinic has helped expand access to high-quality, convenient and affordable care to thousands of residents who have visited convenient CVS/pharmacy locations near where they live and work," said Andrew Sussman, M.D., MinuteClinic President and CVS Caremark Senior Vice President/Associate Chief Medical Officer. "MinuteClinic can help support the primary care medical home in California at a time when the nation faces physician shortages coupled with increased patient demand as a result of the Affordable Care Act and an aging population." Approximately half of MinuteClinic patients are seen on evenings, weekends and holidays, according to Sussman.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV