TAIPEI, Taiwan, Oct. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corporation Limited (Nasdaq:APWC) ("APWC" or the "Company"), a leading manufacturer of wire and cable products for the telecommunications and electric-power industries in the Asia-Pacific region, today announced the Company's financial results for the six months ended June 30, 2013.
|1H 2013 Financial Results|
|1H 2013||1H 2012||CHANGE|
|Revenues||$212.6 million||$215.3 million||-1.2%|
|Gross Profit||$19.7 million||$22.8 million||-13.3%|
|Net Income||$1.3 million||$5.3 million||-75.9%|
* Earnings per share are based on 13.8 million and 13.8 million shares in 1H 2012 and 1H 2013, respectively.First Half 2013 Results Revenues for the six months ended June 30, 2013 were $212.6 million, an approximate 1.2% decrease from the prior period. The slight decrease in sales was attributed to a decrease in the Company's manufactured products which include; enameled wire, telecommunications cable and power cables. Power cable sales in Thailand were the primary cause of the decrease in sales year over year mainly due to slowdown in customers' orders. Sales of telecommunications cable and enameled wire remained relatively flat year-over-year. Offsetting these declines were double digit increases in the sales of distributed products which increased by71% to $27.8 million, and the revenue recognition of contracts for Supply, Delivery and Installation ("SDI") of cable which increased by 337% to $7.1 million for the period.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts