NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's buy-and-trade earnings preview covers five companies from the finance sector, two from the medical sector, and one each in the computer and technology, construction, retail-wholesale, transportation and utilities sectors.
The ValuEngine valuation warning continues with 77.5% of all stocks being overvalued, 43.1 by 20% or more. 15 of 16 sectors are overvalued 13 by double-digit percentages, nine by more than 21%.
The finance sector is 19.5% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. 80.9% of the 3061 stocks in this sector have hold ratings.
The medical sector is 21.3% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. 58.5% of the 791 stocks in this sector have hold ratings.The computer and technology sector is 24.8% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 1160 stocks in this sector 47.5% have buy or strong buy ratings. The construction sector is 14.7% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 160 stocks in this sector 56.3% have sell or strong sell ratings. The retail-wholesale sector is 25.9% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 351 stocks in this sector 80.3% have buy or strong buy ratings.
Reading the TableOV/UN Valued: Stocks with a red number are undervalued by this percentage. Those with a black number are overvalued by that percentage according to ValuEngine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV