5 Ways It's Already Black Friday
4. The word is out. Thus far, the larger retailers have done a fairly good job of keeping their mouths shut and their Black Friday sales a secret throughout October. But the cracks in their defenses are starting to show.
The folks at BFAds.com note that Blain's Farm & Fleet and Mills' Fleet Farm have released their toy catalogs for the season, while Harbor Freight has released its entire Black Friday circular. After a tough November 2012, Macy's has announced that not only will it open doors at its stores at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving night, but it will be offering a 17-item sneak preview including $10 appliances and $50 five-piece luggage sets. JCPenney (JCP), meanwhile, has let it slip that it's bringing back free Black Friday snow globes after an ill-received switch to promotional buttons last year. A fitting move, considering the amount of shakeups that have occurred at that particular retailers since shoppers last queued up for Black Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV