5 Ways It's Already Black Friday
2. The prices are right. If the retail industry's cheerleaders are hesitant to get into the holiday spirit and fearing worse days ahead, why should stores hold back on sales until a more seasonally appropriate moment.?
Already, consumer price research firm Decide.Inc and The Wall Street Journal indicate that such retailers as Amazon (AMZN), Wal-Mart, Macy's and Toys R Us have some of their best prices on certain items in September and October. Boots, televisions and even toys are all 10% to 31% more than they will be on Black Friday. Appliances may cost you less, as will off-brand electronics, but most items aren't worth the wait.
Even BlackFriday.com and other shopping sites have been pointing to October sales from Amazon, Sears (SHLD), Wal-Mart, Best Buy (BBY) and others rather than having shoppers just wait around for leaked Black Friday ads.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV