VisitScotland, The Highland Council and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), today announced that the Isle of Skye in Scotland has ‘virtually’ twinned 1 with Skylands, the home of upcoming game, Skylanders SWAP Force ™. The stunning Scottish Highlands have been brought together with the virtual islands of Skylands, to celebrate the month of SWAPtober and the launch of Skylanders SWAP Force ™. The virtual twinning marks the first time a video game world has twinned with a real destination. Skylanders SWAP Force is available now at retail stores in North America and will be available in Australia on October 16 and Europe on October 18.
Isle of Skye ‘virtually’ twins with Skylands from Skylanders SWAP Force (Photo: Business Wire)
Located off the west coast of Scotland, the Isle of Skye boasts stunning mountain scenery, sea lochs and wildlife and attracts visitors from all over the world.
VisitScotland’s Alan Mackenzie, who is based at VisitScotland's Information Centre in Portree, said: “The Isle of Skye is renowned for its stunning landscapes, which possess an almost ethereal quality, and its abundance of wildlife, making it the perfect place to virtually twin with Skylands, home to Skylanders SWAP Force . We’re thrilled to be teaming up with the Skylanders TM franchise for this unique partnership, which will help raise the profile of this beautiful part of the world, encouraging families to enjoy a real-life adventure on the Isle of Skye – nowhere else on Earth comes close!”
To commemorate the virtual twinning, Activision and VisitScotland brought the virtual world of Skylands to the stunning Scottish Highlands through:
- An inaugural visit to the Isle of Skye by Wash Buckler, one of the new Skylanders SWAP Force characters; Wash Buckler toured some of the island’s most famous landmarks and visited the children at Portree Primary School.
- A SWAP takeover of the Isle of Skye website www.skye.co.uk, where Skylanders franchise fans worldwide can type SWAP on the homepage to watch the magic unfold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV