Trade-Ideas: Intel (INTC) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- INTC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $708.8 million.
- INTC is up 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INTC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INTC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on INTC: Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells integrated digital technology platforms worldwide. The company operates through PC Client Group, Data Center Group, Other Intel Architecture, Software and Services, and All Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. INTC has a PE ratio of 12.8. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Intel a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. The average volume for Intel has been 36.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Intel has a market cap of $118.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 5.1% with 8.52 days to cover. Shares are up 15% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, INTC has a quick ratio of 1.83, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for INTEL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 73.30%. Regardless of INTC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.61% trails the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Intel Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts