REDWOOD CITY, California, and HILDEN, Germany, October 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Empowered Genome Community unites people who have had their genomes sequenced to help make their data scientifically useful through sharing and collaborative interpretation
- Effort links citizen scientists with full-time researchers to pool and interpret genomes via QIAGEN's secure online interpretation platform , Ingenuity ® Variant Analysis™
- Highlighting promise of the approach , QIAGEN releases an open , collaborative analysis of myopia in Harvard Personal Genome Project data , and invites citizen scientists to help refine and jointly publish findings
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today announced the Empowered Genome Community, which is a first-of-its-kind initiative to help people who have had their genomes sequenced share, explore, and interpret their data with researchers and each other. To highlight how the community can spark new biomedical insight, QIAGEN also released an open collaborative analysis of myopia in 111 people whose genomes were sequenced through Harvard's Personal Genome Project (PGP), which is a public repository of well-phenotyped human genomes. Anyone - citizen scientist or full-time researcher alike - can directly review and help refine the analysis via QIAGEN's Ingenuity ® Variant Analysis™ ( https://variants.ingenuity.com/community-myopia) with the goal of jointly publishing robust insights on myopia next year.
"Comparing well-annotated PGP genomes through a collaborative platform such as Variant Analysis to understand important phenotypes like eyesight, helps realize a key piece of the PGP's original vision," said George Church, professor of genetics at Harvard Medical School and founder of the PGP. "Science needs more of us to share our genomic, environmental and trait data, and even our cells; and then to work together to interpret those data, and pioneer new ways to do so."
Ingenuity Variant Analysis is a powerful, HIPAA-compliant cloud-based solution to help researchers compare and functionally interpret human genomes to better understand diseases and other phenotypes. The core of this interpretation resource is the Ingenuity Knowledge Base, the leading expert-curated knowledge resource for next generation biology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV