NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The food industry -- fast, slow, greasy or otherwise -- is one of the largest in the world, and one nobody talks about. Much like the housing market with its trickle-down effect, the food industry has many facets that usually aren't considered by everyday consumers.
Admittedly, it's easy to do. When you bite into a sandwich or cook a nice dinner, you rarely stop and think, I wonder what chain of events led to this food being in my kitchen?
Let's forget for a moment that food is a necessity, unlike many other things such as cars, computers or furniture. While we could get by with rice and potatoes, our country loves food.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV