G&K Services Canada (NASDAQ: GK) is proud to have recently sponsored the Windsor Spitfires team from the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) in its annual “Stick it to Breast Cancer” charity event on October 10, 2013.
The event drew an estimated 5,000 fans from the Windsor community who lined up to see the Windsor Spitfires, in their pink skate laces, take on the Belleville Bulls. G&K Services donated specially-made pink hockey sticks that were autographed by the Spitfires and then auctioned off, with the proceeds benefitting local breast cancer research. As a special thank you, G&K also provided each attendee with a pink microfiber towel to wave during the game, as they cheered on the Spitfires and joined in the quest to wipe out breast cancer for good.
“This marks the third year that G&K Services has worked with the Windsor Spitfires in raising funds and awareness for this important cause,” said Robert G. Wood, President of G&K Services Canada. “Many of our families and friends in this community have been affected by breast cancer, and each year our commitment to finding a cure, and doing it in a fun and positive way, grows.” Wood attended the event and helped with the ceremonial puck drop.
“In addition to the Windsor event, G&K Services recently announced the launch of our annual Workforce for a Cure campaign, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month,” Wood continued. “Not only are we committed to raising awareness as an organization, but events like this one in Windsor help build awareness in our local communities as well. We’d like to thank our friends and customers who joined us in supporting this cause.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV