Another big focus for Bank of America investors -- as usual -- will be litigation costs tied to mortgage securities it must buy back from investors who argue the bank made false representations about the securities. Bank of America has already paid out billions of dollars to settle mortgage putback claims, and remaining exposure is an open question.
"They have done a great job telling everybody this is behind them. We have to wait and see. I'm one of the guys who thinks there's more [negative surprises] coming," Miller says.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV