NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- XL Group is expanding its Insurance Operations in Dallas, giving the region's large and multinational corporations local access to XL's underwriting experience and global network to help address their complex risk management needs.
According to Seraina Maag, Chief Executive of XL Group's North America Property & Casualty Operations, "Many large corporations -- representing diverse industries, from energy and transportation to consumer goods are headquartered in the south central region. By expanding our presence in Dallas, we can provide local access to the global capabilities of XL Group, risk management expertise and industry knowledge to these large corporations. As part of this expansion, we're establishing local casualty operations and adding to our Dallas-based environmental and excess underwriting teams."
"Serving companies with complex, and often global, business risks is where XL Group and our underwriting expertise stand out," said Seraina. "We're especially pleased to retain and attract talented insurance professionals who will not only help us meet the increased demand we've experienced but also enable us to continue to exceed our customers' expectations with personal attention, service and innovation and tailored products."
XL Group is pleased to announce several business developments in Dallas:
- The company's US Risk Management business is setting up operations in Dallas and welcoming Gabriel Martinez as Casualty Underwriting Director. Gabriel joins XL Group from Ironshore Insurance Services where he served as an assistant casualty manager. Prior to his Ironshore tenure, he worked for Zurich Insurance Company. As part of the regional expansion of its casualty operations, XL Group promoted Tom Fenner to Senior Vice President and Regional Manager - Central Zone for its US Risk Management business. Tom will manage XL's growing team of casualty underwriters providing custom auto, worker's compensation and general liability programs to the region's corporations. Gabriel will report to Tom Fenner.
- XL Group's Global Distribution Network promoted Wayne Speeg to Senior Vice President and Regional Leader, from Vice President and Distribution Leader. For the last eight years, Wayne has cultivated XL Group's broker relationships throughout the south central US, serving as a single-point access to help brokers and clients address their multiline insurance needs and growing XL Group's regional book of business. Wayne has more than 25 years of business development experience in the insurance industry.
- XL Group's Excess Casualty business added Deborah Balthazar, who joins from AIG and brings more than 25 years of excess casualty, commercial umbrella and environmental insurance experience gained in underwriting positions with AIG, Kemper, General Star Management Company and Wausau Insurance Company. Deborah will focus on the continued growth of XL Group's commercial umbrella business throughout the region.
- XL Group's Property business has added Julie Hoss as a senior property Underwriter, who joins from Liberty Mutual and brings more than 15 years of property insurance experience. Julie will focus on the continued growth of XL Group's Property Underwriting business throughout the region.
- Amy Rogers joins XL Group's Environmental business with more than 15 years of underwriting experience, including servicing energy and environmental accounts for such companies as AIG, CNA and most recently Liberty Mutual.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts