BENTONVILLE, Ark., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The champion of the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour will be named as the country's only continuous competitive barbecue tour concludes in Bentonville Saturday, Oct. 19. Members of the public are invited to join celebrity judges sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) to sample championship-worthy barbecue from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sam's Club Home Office, located at 2101 S.E. Simple Savings Drive in Bentonville.
Now in its third year, the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour brings together barbecue enthusiasts in 25 local events and five regional finals, culminating in the National Championship with 50 of the nation's leading competitive barbecue teams. The total prize purse for the series is $500,000.
"Many teams competing in our BBQ Tour are restaurateurs, caterers and Sam's Club small business members who depend on our large-quantity, top-quality meats to win barbecue competitions," said Shawn Baldwin , senior vice president of fresh and frozen grocery for Sam's Club. "Collaborating with the world-renowned Kansas City Barbeque Society on a 31-city tour is our way of celebrating small business success and sharing the exciting sport of competitive barbecue with millions of Sam's Club members. We welcome the Northwest Arkansas community to join in our appreciation of the finest barbecue competitors in the country on Oct. 19."
Hosted by Series Director, barbecue aficionado and cookbook author Troy Black , the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour Championship features barbecue demonstrations and free samples of premium-quality Sam's Club meats, hand-cut fresh daily by Sam's Club fresh grocery associates."Each of our world-class, competitive teams knows the best barbecue starts with premium, fresh meat," Black said. "Having quality chicken, ribs, pork and brisket from Sam's Club on the smoker sets the stage for a mouth-watering competition."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV