You are looking, quite possibly, at the next CEO of Apple.
Do you really think somebody of Ahrendts' quality and stature is going to be Apple's SVP of Retail for the rest of her life? Do you really think she would give up a CEO gig at Burberry to report to Tim Cook, no matter how prestigious Apple is or how much money the company threw at her?
If Ahrendts' press clippings foreshadow the type of job she will do in her new role at Apple, it will quickly become apparent to everybody, including Tim Cook, that she should be CEO. Enough of this hogwash about Sir Jony Ive and newest cub Craig Federighi. Apple doesn't require a pure tech or design geek or, worse yet, a supply chain genius as CEO. It needs "a design fanatic, a digital evangelist, and a master of millennial marketing."The female version of Steve Jobs maybe? All the better. Take that Twitter! Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV