Adds Manulife U.S. Fixed Income Private Trust and Manulife Global Balanced Private Trust to popular investment program for affluent investors
TSX/NYSE/PSE: MFC SEHK:945
TORONTO, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Manulife Investments has added two new options to its line-up of Manulife Private Investment Pools. The two new pools, managed by Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC and Mawer Investment Management Ltd. respectively are both offered in a trust structure as follows:
- Manulife U.S. Fixed Income Private Trust is a highly flexible approach to investing in the world's largest and most dynamic credit market. The Pool seeks to provide long-term total return consisting of income and the potential for capital appreciation by investing primarily in a portfolio of U.S. investment grade and high yield debt securities. The Portfolio Managers for this Pool include Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC's John F. Addeo, a value-oriented fundamental investor with more than 20 years of experience investing across the entire capital structure and credit spectrum, and Dennis F. McCafferty, who specializes in high-yield fixed income and floating rate strategies, and has more than 17 years of investment experience.
- Manulife Global Balanced Private Trust is managed by Mawer Investment Management Ltd.'s Greg Peterson, Director and Senior Portfolio Manager, Paul Moroz, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, and Jim Hall, Chief Investment Officer. On the equity side, the Portfolio Managers adopt a bottom-up brick-by-brick investment approach to identify wealth-creating companies that they believe have solid management teams but are trading at discounts to their intrinsic values. These equities are combined with global and Canadian fixed income exposure, which will be a minimum of 30 per cent of the Pool. The Pool may be suitable for investors seeking a diversified approach to global equity and fixed income investing.
"To strengthen our Manulife Private Investment Pools offering, we've added a U.S. fixed income pool that can take advantage of all interest rate environments," said Derek Saliba, AVP, Mutual Funds. "At launch, there will be a significant allocation to floating rate loans, which may be an attractive fixed income asset class during a rising interest rate environment. We've also added a second Mawer-managed pool to our line-up which may be an appealing option for affluent clients to invest in the global equity markets with less volatility."Manulife Investments is also renaming Manulife Balanced Private Pool and Manulife Balanced Private Trust to Manulife U.S. Balanced Private Pool and Manulife U.S. Balanced Private Trust, respectively. In addition to the renaming, Manulife Investments will be making minor adjustments to the current broad investment strategies language to more accurately reflect the pools' focus on U.S. equities and U.S. and international fixed income. These name changes provide investors with better clarity as to the underlying investments held by the pools.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV