DALLAS, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) will move production of its Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) to an assembly line at the company's award-winning Camden, Ark., manufacturing complex, where the company expects to gain significant production efficiencies and cost reductions.
"Lockheed Martin is implementing a low-risk production plan that will take advantage of the proven, outstanding Camden manufacturing operation and help make our JLTV more affordable for the U.S. Army and Marine Corps," said Scott Greene, vice president of Ground Vehicles for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control.
JLTV prototypes were produced at BAE Systems' Sealy, Texas, manufacturing facility for the program's Technology Development and Engineering and Manufacturing Development phases. Plans to close the Sealy plant were announced today. BAE Systems will remain a key partner on the Lockheed Martin JLTV team, providing integrated cabs, protection solutions and other vehicle manufacturing expertise."BAE Systems remains committed to Lockheed Martin and our JLTV program," said Mark Signorelli, vice president and general manager of Combat Vehicles for BAE Systems. "Recognizing the budget pressures our customers face, the team is reshaping our efforts to provide the most cost competitive offering with exceptional technical capability and product quality to our end users." Lockheed Martin's Camden complex is among the premiere manufacturing sites in the United States. Camden has a strong reputation for on-schedule delivery of high quality products including High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) launchers, Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (GMLRS) rockets, Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) Missiles and Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) ground vehicles. Over the last decade Camden has won more than 60 awards for quality, safety, security and community service, including:
- The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, 2012
- The Shingo Silver Medallion Award for Operation Excellence, 2008, 2009
- Industry Week magazine's "Best Plants in North America," 2005, 2006
- The National Safety Council's Perfect Record Award, 2007
- The National Safety Council's Occupational Excellence Achievement Award, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010
- The National Safety Council's Industry Leader Award, 2007
- The Arkansas Governor's Quality Award, 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts