McLEAN, Va., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) today announced Dave Morgan has been named president of USA TODAY Sports Media Group. Morgan succeeds Tom Beusse, who had been president of USA TODAY Sports Media Group since its formation in 2011. Beusse is leaving to pursue other opportunities. Morgan has served as senior vice president of content and editor-in-chief of USA TODAY Sports Media Group since 2011.
USA TODAY Sports Media Group, a top five online sports destination, includes sports initiatives across USA TODAY as well as Gannett's more than 100 U.S. Community Publishing and broadcast television properties. It also includes:
- USA TODAY Sports Images
- USA TODAY High School Sports
- For The Win
- Sports on Earth
- USA TODAY Sports Digital properties, which consist of hundreds of digital sports assets including The Big Lead family of sports sites, MMAjunkie.com and the action sports destination BNQT.
"We look forward to Dave continuing the work Tom started by building USA TODAY Sports Media Group into the top source of sports news and information in the country," said Larry Kramer, president and publisher of USA TODAY. "Dave's newsroom experience and business background make him the right fit to lead our sports team as we transition from entrepreneurial startup into the next phase of development.
"Tom's energy and enthusiasm were key to the initial stages of building USA TODAY Sports Media Group into a top five digital sports destination. We wish Tom all the best in his future endeavors," said Kramer.Prior to joining USA TODAY Sports Media Group, Morgan served as executive editor of Yahoo! North American Audience, where he built Yahoo! into one of the top sports websites in the country. Morgan came to Yahoo! after working at The Los Angeles Times for more than 20 years, including time as deputy sports editor in charge of daily operations. In 2008, he was named one of the "100 Most Influential People in Sports" by BusinessWeek. About Gannett Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120103/PH28972LOGO ) SOURCE Gannett Co., Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV