Trade-Ideas: Revolution Lighting Technologies (RVLT) Is Today's "Perilous Reversal" Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Revolution Lighting Technologies (RVLT) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Revolution Lighting Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RVLT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.9 million.
- RVLT has traded 2.9 million shares today.
- RVLT is down 4.2% today.
- RVLT was up 6.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RVLT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RVLT NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on RVLT: Revolution Lighting Technologies, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and sale of light emitting diode (LED) replacement lamps and fixtures; and LED-based signage, channel-letter, and contour lighting products. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Revolution Lighting Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for Revolution Lighting Technologies has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Revolution Lighting has a market cap of $201.4 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 4.92 and a short float of 17.7% with 1.62 days to cover. Shares are up 510% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Revolution Lighting Technologies as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, REVOLUTION LIGHTING TECHNLGS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- REVOLUTION LIGHTING TECHNLGS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REVOLUTION LIGHTING TECHNLGS reported poor results of -$0.80 versus -$0.32 in the prior year.
- 49.29% is the gross profit margin for REVOLUTION LIGHTING TECHNLGS which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -69.78% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 79.82% to -$0.16 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, REVOLUTION LIGHTING TECHNLGS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.80%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Electrical Equipment industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 10.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$5.73 million to -$5.14 million.
- You can view the full Revolution Lighting Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV