PALO ALTO, Calif., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Alminder Inc., creator of the top-rated, award-winning mobile smart calendar, "Mynd Calendar," announces closing a round of $1.5M in seed funding from Tugboat Ventures and private investors and expands availability of Mynd Calendar to France, Germany and the Netherlands. This new round of funding will support advancement of Mynd Calendar's innovative features, and further international growth.
"At Alminder, Inc., we're revolutionizing the way that calendars help busy people navigate life," said Max Wheeler, CEO of Alminder, Inc., "We're very excited to announce this new funding, which enables us to introduce Mynd Calendar to the people of France, Germany and the Netherlands, and we look forward to expanding to even more locations soon."
Time is the heavily scheduled person's most valuable asset, and Mynd Calendar acts like a contextually aware virtual assistant, helping busy people make the best use of their time through a beautifully designed, intelligent calendar that learns a user's routine and priorities, and becomes more useful over time.Alminder Inc. closed this most recent, follow-on round of funding from Tugboat Ventures today on the heels of receiving $25,000 of new seed funding from Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) last week, after being named "Best B2C Solution" at The Perfect Trip DevCon 2013." "In just two months after launch, we're thrilled by the deep customer engagement and growth of Mynd users," said Dave Whorton, Founder of Tugboat Ventures. "We are proud to fund the talented team at Alminder, Inc., who I worked with at Good Technology. These guys have a long track record of execution and building well designed, useful products, and they're doing it again at Alminder, Inc." Unlike other so-called "smart calendars," Mynd Calendar's sophisticated algorithms and integrated, real-time information sources work together to create unexpected conveniences and useful knowledge at the right time. For example, Mynd Calendar identifies the places that users drive within the content of their calendar events and accurately predicts, in advance, how much buffer time should be scheduled between meetings, given the typical traffic at that time of day. As appointments draw near, Mynd Calendar tells users when to leave for meetings, based on current traffic conditions and launches the user's preferred navigation app to get them from point A to B on time. Mynd Calendar also:
- Notifies users when they're running late and enables them to quickly email, call or text the people who need to know from the calendar.
- Automatically identifies conference call numbers and codes and facilitates one-click dial-in.
- Discovers the people listed in calendar events and displays their LinkedIn profile information.
- Pulls in relevant Evernote notes into the calendar, making meeting preparation a breeze.
- Delivers weather forecasts for current and anticipated locations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV