WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), announced today that it will offer its senior patients a new and easy way to compare Medicare Part D prescription drug plans when the Annual Enrollment Period begins today, October 15 to December 7, 2013.
All CVS/pharmacy locations nationwide will be able to create and print a Medicare Part D plan comparison in minutes for patients based on the current prescriptions they fill at CVS. In addition, patients who wish to conduct their plan comparison online or on the phone will receive their own personal code from CVS/pharmacy that they can enter at www.cvs.com/medicare or by calling CVS at 1-877-543-6656. Once entered, the personal code will automatically insert patients' current prescriptions to provide a personalized plan comparison in just minutes.Annual Enrollment is the one time a year that most Medicare beneficiaries can review their current prescription coverage and enroll in a new plan for 2014 if they so choose. Because Medicare Part D plans change every year and people's prescription needs may also change, comparing Part D plans could save patients hundreds of dollars. Whether changing Medicare Part D plans or choosing one for the first time, it is important for patients to consider their annual deductible, premium and co-payments, whether all prescriptions they are taking are covered, out-of-pocket expenses, and whether their pharmacy is included in the plan. "CVS/pharmacy's new plan comparison system provides patients with convenient ways to learn how much money they could save by choosing a new Medicare Part D plan based on their own prescription usage," said Papatya Tankut, RPh, Vice President of Pharmacy Affairs, CVS/pharmacy. "While pharmacists cannot recommend any specific Medicare Part D plan, we can help patients understand their options based on their individual needs."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV