Speaking of Tumblr, RBC Capital Markets analyst Mark Mahaney notes that any update on Tumbr could do a lot for Yahoo!, especially as it continues to integrate the platform and its users into Yahoo! "The Tumblr acquisition could do a lot to bring Yahoo! products to a younger demographic, if the company can avoid alienating users while ramping up monetization of that service," Mahaney wrote in a note.
For now, the focus is all about Alibaba, Yahoo! Japan and the continued optimism surrounding those entities. That's good enough for shareholders to give Mayer a pass while she turns core Yahoo! around, however long that may take.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV