Trade-Ideas: American Equity Investment Life Holding Com (AEL) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- AEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.2 million.
- AEL has traded 608,521 shares today.
- AEL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AEL: American Equity Investment Life Holding Company, through its subsidiaries, operates in the insurance business in 50 states and the District of Columbia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. AEL has a PE ratio of 8.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate American Equity Investment Life Holding Com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for American Equity Investment Life Holding Com has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. American Equity Investment Life Holding Com has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.90 and a short float of 28.1% with 19.27 days to cover. Shares are up 71.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates American Equity Investment Life Holding Com as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AEL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 127.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 470.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 84.43% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AEL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 540.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.76 million to $120.11 million.
- 45.48% is the gross profit margin for AMERICAN EQTY INVT LIFE HLDG which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.32% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full American Equity Investment Life Holding Com Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts