The Legacy of Good Plan outlines ways the company will foster inspirational leadership, promote a supportive culture and give team members a voice in shaping the company’s direction, including:
- Increasing eligible team member participation in flexible work programs to 50 percent.
- Increasing university hiring to a rate of 25 percent of external hire.
- Achieving 75 percent favorable responses, or higher, in team member satisfaction annual surveys.
From consumers to multinational organizations, customers consistently indicate that Dell’s CSR leadership contributes to their loyalty to the company. Reflecting the company’s commitment to growing that loyalty in the coming years, the 2020 Legacy of Good plan highlights ways Dell intends to make a positive impact on communities by applying technology, expertise, funding and volunteerism to solving real societal issues, including:
- Committing to engage 75 percent of team members in community-service initiatives.
- Applying education technology and expertise to projects that reach 3 million young people.
Quotes“Dell has taken an approach all companies need to follow: it is critical to set time-bound goals to address environmental impacts not only in company operations, but also throughout its supply chain and through customers' technology use. We hope Dell's portfolio-wide energy goal will catalyze companies within its sector and beyond to do the same.” – Mindy Lubber, President of Ceres ”This plan is ambitious and bold, but so are the Dell team members who will ensure we achieve each goal. They are the thousands of researchers, engineers, experts and employee volunteers who have enabled us to become the first company to provide free electronics recycling and an industry leader in energy efficiency and sustainable packaging. Now, their collective expertise and entrepreneurial spirit will help us develop ways to expand and measure the ripple effect of IT on the planet and society.” – Trisa Thompson, Vice President of Corporate Responsibility, Dell