Dell Releases Ambitious Plan For Corporate Responsibility Goals Through 2020; Will Drive Collaboration To Develop Industry Assessment For “Ripple Effect” Of IT On The Planet And Society
Dell today announced its 2020 Legacy of Good plan, a long-term corporate responsibility framework designed to aggregate and accelerate the ways that Dell and its IT solutions help customers, Dell team members and communities make lasting contributions to the planet and society.
The 2020 Legacy of Good plan is divided into three areas – the Environment, People, which includes Dell’s 100,000-plus team members worldwide, and Communities. Adding intentional value to each of these areas in the coming years complements the company’s overarching purpose – to provide technology that enables people everywhere to grow, thrive and reach their full potential.
No industry-standard of measurement currently exists to fully assess how IT-industry customers, which includes the world’s largest private and public-sector enterprises, are using IT to become more socially responsible by deploying efficient and sustainable solutions. Ultimately, a firm understanding of the full-spectrum impact of technology across IT companies and the customers’ environments will enable Dell – and others in the industry – to identify areas of opportunity for innovation and optimization.
Dell also will work with industry stakeholders, including suppliers, partners and competitors, to develop a method for more accurately assessing the “net positive” impact of IT on society, including the ways IT customers use and benefit from increasingly environmentally-sustainable and efficient IT solutions.The Environment Dell’s 2020 environmental aspirations focus on three areas: reducing the environmental impact of company operations – and enabling customers to do the same, driving social and environmental responsibility in the industry and supply chain, and promoting technology’s role in addressing environmental challenges. The plan outlines 12 ambitious goals tied to its environmental agenda, each to be achieved by 2020, including:
- Reducing the energy intensity of our product portfolio by 80 percent, making Dell the first IT company to commit to make a portfolio-wide energy goal.
- Using 50 million pounds of sustainable materials, such as recycled plastic, in products, and recovering 2 billion pounds of used electronics. This will make Dell the only company in the industry to set a long-term goal on the use of recycled-content plastics.
- Ensuring waste-free packaging, with materials like wheat straw, mushrooms and bamboo, which are sustainably sourced and 100% recyclable or compostable.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 50 percent from its facilities and logistics operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV