NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, has launched a global initiative to raise awareness of issues related to food security and waste through a series of nearly 100 employee volunteer events that will be held around the world before, during and after World Food Day on October 16.
Conceived of and organized by employees, the events range from rescuing food from greenmarkets in New York City and conducting food drives in London, to serving meals to people facing homelessness in Tokyo and preparing food for HIV patients in Maharashtra, India. The events are part of BNY Mellon's Community Partnership program, where employees are encouraged to volunteer with and contribute to a wide range of organizations and receive company matching contributions and time off for their efforts.
"More than 850 million people in the world don't have enough to eat, and a staggering amount of food is lost or wasted at almost every point in the food chain. Unfortunately, no country or region is immune," said R. Jeep Bryant, executive vice president for marketing and corporate affairs. "BNY Mellon's philanthropic focus is on improving local communities by partnering with organizations that provide for basic needs. Hunger is an issue our employees have supported through ongoing volunteer and donation efforts and this global initiative responds to their commitment and desire to do even more."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV