ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Darden Restaurants has been recognized by two leading Hispanic publications for its commitment to diversity in its business practices and among its family of restaurants: Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, The Capital Grille, Eddie V's and Yard House.
Darden has been honored with the following recognitions:
- HispanicBusiness Media named Darden one of its "2013 Best Companies for Diversity" for its commitment to diversity in all areas of its corporate structure. Darden ranked 23 rd on the list of 50 companies and appears on the list for the eighth consecutive year.
- LATINA Style Magazine ranked Darden among the 50 best companies in its "2013 LATINA Style 50 Report," which recognizes the best companies for Latinas to work for in the U.S. Darden ranked 28 th on the list of 50 companies and appears on the list for the seventh consecutive year.
"At Darden, we know that embracing a diverse and inclusive culture gives us a competitive advantage and is critical to our long-term success," said Samir Gupte, Senior Vice President of Culture for Darden. "The importance of diversity of people, perspectives and ideas is fostered at every level of our organization as a core commitment engrained throughout all our business practices."
Darden's long history of diversity and inclusion dates back to 1938, when company founder Bill Darden welcomed anyone as a guest in his first restaurant during an era of racial segregation and discrimination. Today, diversity remains at the core of Darden's culture. The company's diversity initiatives reflect its guiding principles to attract and retain a workforce that embodies its diverse customer base, provide opportunities for diverse suppliers, and contribute to the well-being of the communities it serves.About Darden Restaurants:Darden Restaurants, Inc., (NYSE: DRI), the world's largest full-service restaurant company, owns and operates more than 2,100 restaurants that generate over $8.5 billion in annual sales. Headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and employing more than 200,000 people, Darden is recognized for a culture that rewards caring for and responding to people. In 2013, Darden was named to the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for the third year in a row and is the only full-service restaurant company to ever appear on the list. Our restaurant brands — Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, The Capital Grille, Eddie V's and Yard House — reflect the rich diversity of those who dine with us. Our brands are built on deep insights into what our guests want. For more information, please visit www.darden.com. DRI:G
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV