Catlin Group (Catlin), a global specialty Property/Casualty (P/C) insurer and reinsurer, and Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), a provider of software products to P/C insurers, today announced that Catlin has selected Guidewire InsuranceSuite™ as its new platform for rating, underwriting and policy administration, claims management, and billing.
As part of its initiative to grow its business in the US, Catlin decided it needed to replace its core systems with best-of-breed solutions to help it reach its goals for growth. The company sought a solution that could handle its complex specialty lines and give it a way to enter new markets, while supporting 20 offices across the US. Catlin plans to implement the full suite simultaneously by line of business in a phased approach.
“We were impressed with each solution from Guidewire – ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter, and BillingCenter – as well as the overall enterprise capabilities that Guidewire InsuranceSuite exhibited throughout the selection process,” said Steve Naish, Technology Solutions, Catlin Group. “From the automation opportunities to the rich source data for decision making, InsuranceSuite included a toolset that we felt could help us continue to profitably grow our business.”
InsuranceSuite will enable Catlin to:
- Increase its agility to act on opportunities to expand its product portfolio;
- Strengthen underwriting consistency and controls while getting new underwriting units up and running quickly;
- Enhance operational efficiency through automation across underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management processes; and
- Improve data analytics and real-time reporting capabilities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts