Colonel Harland Sanders' commitment to helping others was legendary. In fact, many who knew him have said that he gave away much of his fortune to those in need. That’s why KFC started its Recipe for Hope ® program, which raises awareness, volunteerism and funds for hunger relief. Now through November 10, customers have an opportunity to donate $1 at KFC restaurants across the country to support the World Food Programme (WFP), the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger. Last year alone, WFP reached more than 97 million people in 80 countries with food assistance.
This year, to raise additional funds and further celebrate the Colonel’s commitment to philanthropy, KFC will auction a number of historical artifacts that Colonel Sanders collected throughout his storied career. These items, which until recently were locked away in a secure underground storage facility in Louisville, Kentucky, are up for auction today through October 28 and will benefit Feeding America, the nation's leading hunger relief organization, and the World Food Programme.
“Colonel Sanders' secret recipe to a life well-lived was grounded in giving back and feeding those in need – a principle that lives on today at KFC through our ‘Recipe for Hope’ program,” said John Cywinski, President of KFC U.S. “It seems only fitting that we continue to honor the Colonel’s commitment to fighting hunger by making it possible for his fans to own some of his most prized memorabilia. In doing so, they’ll be further contributing to that same cause.”
According to the World Food Programme, one in eight people go to bed hungry each night, and just $1 can feed four children for a day. In the U.S., there are about 49 million people who struggle with hunger, including 16 million children.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV