MINNETONKA, Minn., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OneBeacon Professional Insurance (OBPI), a member of OneBeacon Insurance Group (NYSE:OB), today announced that Patty Hughes, Vice President of Risk Management, will participate as a panelist at the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM) annual conference in Austin, Texas on October 28, 2013.
Hughes' session, " Early Offer Gone Good, Early Offer Gone Bad," will utilize a case study method and real-world examples to review enhanced models of disclosure, apology and early offer, discussing examples of those that have worked and those that have failed. The session will take place at the Convention Center Room 17AB on Monday, October 28 from 3-4 p.m. CDT.
For more information on the conference, please visit the event website at www.ashrm.org.
About OneBeacon Professional Insurance: OneBeacon Professional Insurance, a member of OneBeacon Insurance Group, specializes in professional liability solutions for targeted industries including hospitals, long-term care facilities, medical facilities, physician groups, media organizations, lawyers, real estate professionals, design professionals, financial services and technology providers. Additionally, OneBeacon Professional Insurance provides employment practices liability insurance, management liability and tailored products for complex organizations including health care provider excess insurance and HMO reinsurance through one of the insurance companies in OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. General liability, property and workers compensation coverages are also available for financial institutions.About OneBeacon: OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda-domiciled holding company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "OB." OneBeacon's underwriting companies offer a range of specialty insurance products sold through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. Each business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment, and providing distinct products and tailored coverages and services. OneBeacon's solutions target ocean and inland marine; entertainment, sports and leisure; group accident; crop; public entities; technology; tuition refund; professional liability; environmental; excess property; programs; and commercial surety. For further information about our products and services visit: www.onebeacon.com and to remain up to date on OneBeacon's news, follow us on Twitter @OneBeaconIns or visit our online newsroom: www.onebeacon.com/newsroom. Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or referenced in this release which address activities, events or developments which we expect or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. The words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "project," "estimate," "predict" and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to OneBeacon's:
- change in book value per share or return on equity;
- business strategy;
- financial and operating targets or plans;
- incurred loss and loss adjustment expenses and the adequacy of its loss and loss adjustment expense reserves and related reinsurance;
- projections of revenues, income (or loss), earnings (or loss) per share, dividends, market share or other financial forecasts;
- expansion and growth of our business and operations; and
- future capital expenditures.
- claims arising from catastrophic events, such as hurricanes, windstorms, earthquakes, floods, or terrorist attacks;
- recorded loss and loss adjustment expense reserves subsequently proving to have been inadequate;
- the continued availability and cost of reinsurance coverage;
- the continued availability of capital and financing;
- general economic, market or business conditions;
- business opportunities (or lack thereof) that may be presented to it and pursued;
- competitive forces, including the conduct of other property and casualty insurers and agents;
- changes in domestic or foreign laws or regulations, or their interpretation, applicable to OneBeacon, its competitors, its agents or its customers;
- an economic downturn or other economic conditions adversely affecting its financial position including stock market volatility;
- actions taken by ratings agencies from time to time, such as financial strength or credit ratings downgrades or placing ratings on negative watch;
- the risks that are described from time to time in OneBeacon's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to OneBeacon's Annual Report on the Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012 filed February 28, 2013.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts