SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced the general availability of Salesforce Identity—delivering identity for the connected world. Salesforce Identity provides integrated identity services to connect every employee, customer and partner to any app, on any device. Built on the Salesforce Platform, Salesforce Identity eliminates complex identity silos—enabling CIOs to deliver a simple, productive and customized user experience across every web, mobile and on-premise app. Customer companies such as New England Biolabs, Sierra Club and Varsity Brands trust Salesforce Identity to centrally manage the proliferation of apps and devices that are transforming how businesses connect.
Comments on the News:
- "The traditional information boundaries of a company are evaporating as new apps and devices have revolutionized how employees, customers and partners are interacting and sharing business data," said Mike Rosenbaum, EVP of Salesforce Platform, salesforce.com. "Salesforce Identity enables CIOs to accelerate this enterprise transformation with a single scalable identity solution for the connected world—directly from the cloud platform they trust."
- "Sierra Club has grown to become the largest grassroots environmental organization on the planet, and empowering and connecting each of our 2.1 million members and supporters plays a critical role in our success," said Dave Simon, IT Director, Sierra Club. "Salesforce Identity will greatly facilitate our efforts to connect to our members and build meaningful communities around their environmental preservation interests."
- "IDC anticipates the overall worldwide identity and access management market will increase to $6.9 billion in 2017," said Sally Hudson, research director for Identity and Access Management BuyerPulse, IDC. "BYOD and other consumerization trends, coupled with an increasing demand for cloud and SaaS delivery of traditional IT software, are transforming how enterprises approach identity management. Companies today must connect a growing business ecosystem of customers, employees and partners, and need identity solutions capable of managing this growth without adding complexity."
Legacy identity management solutions created well-defined boundaries around who, what and how employees could access critical business information. For decades, CIOs relied on these solutions to provision access across a finite number of on-premise apps and devices. However, the cloud and mobile revolution introduced a wide range of new, unsupported apps and devices to the enterprise which legacy solutions are incapable of managing. This forced IT organizations to painfully manage multiple identity silos, resulting in disconnected app experiences that decrease user productivity. In addition, employees are connecting with customers and partners, sharing critical business information using apps and devices that the IT organization has not provisioned, adding yet another level of complexity and identity proliferation for the enterprise. Companies need a single identity solution for this new connected world, capable of centrally managing the growing number of apps, devices and identities accessing business information today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV