DALLAS, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced three power management modules to its SIMPLE SWITCHER ® family, including the 10-A LMZ31710, which provides the industry's highest power efficiency in the smallest package, up to 50-percent smaller than similar solutions. The easy-to-use power modules drive power-dense applications in a variety of markets including industrial, communications infrastructure, medical, and test and measurement. Used in conjunction with TI's award-winning WEBENCH® online design tool, the power modules simplify DC/DC conversion and speed the design process. For more information, samples and evaluation modules, visit www.ti.com/lmz31710-pr.
The 10-A LMZ31710, 7-A LMZ31707 and 4-A LMZ31704 integrated power solutions combine a DC/DC converter with power MOSFETs, a shielded inductor and passives into a low-profile QFN package, providing a complete power management solution with as few as three external components. The modules combine the power efficiency of a synchronous switching regulator at greater than 95 percent with the simplicity of a linear regulator, while eliminating loop compensation design, inductor selection and complex layout placement challenges. Each device is pin-to-pin compatible and features precision enable and soft-start pins, and current sharing for easy scalability from 4 A to 60 A.The products join TI's portfolio of 50 SIMPLE SWITCHER power modules that include the 3-A LMZ14203 and 2.5-A LMZ35003 for wide-input voltage applications. LMZ31710/07/04 key features and benefits
- Complete solution size measures as small as 195 mm 2 with as few as three external components.
- Achieves greater than 95-percent efficiency with excellent power dissipation and low thermal impedance of 13.3 degrees C per watt, requiring no de-rating across most input and output voltages.
- Compliant to EN55022 Class B electromagnetic emissions standard for low EMI noise.
- Very small 10-mm by 10-mm by 4.3-mm QFN package is easy to solder onto a printed circuit board.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts