DALLAS, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Cambium Learning ® Group products have been named winners in the 18 th Annual Education Software Review Awards ( EDDIES) by The ComputED Gazette:
From Learning A–Z:
From Kurzweil and IntelliToolsReadingA-Z.com. The ComputED Gazette wrote, "Reading A–Z offers a plethora of solutions for educators seeking to align instruction with CCSS, with thousands of leveled books, advice for teachers, and topics from Foundational Skills to Assessment for Grades K –5." The EDDIES commend content-rich, innovative programs and websites that enhance the classroom curriculum, improve the productivity of educators, and provide teachers and parents alike with "the technology to foster educational excellence." Publishers worldwide submit titles for consideration. "We are honored that The ComputED Gazette chose six products from our Cambium Learning family of companies," says John Campbell, chief executive officer of Cambium Learning Group. "Recognition from our industry peers validates our mission to unlock the learning potential of every child, allowing them to fulfill their academic and personal aspirations." From ExploreLearning:
- Gizmos is the world's largest library of online simulations helping students in grades 3-12 develop deep conceptual understanding in math and science.
- Reflex is a revolutionary game-based system for developing instant, effortless recall of math facts.
- Raz-Kids.com lets students listen to, read, and record themselves reading literary and informational eBooks—anytime, anywhere; corresponding eQuizzes test comprehension, and online running records help teachers assess each student.
- ScienceA-Z.com offers printable and projectable materials to teach comprehensive science units within Life Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, and Process Science.
- ReadingA-Z.com provides 1,100+ fiction and nonfiction books, grouped in 27 levels of reading difficulty using the best-in-class leveling system; rich with informational text and other resources to meet the Common Core's four anchor standards for reading.
- Kurzweil 3000-firefly reading, writing, study skills, and test-taking software helps students who struggle—including those with learning differences and English language learners—achieve success alongside their peers.