CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Oct. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:MACK) today announced that it will present preclinical research on two novel potential cancer therapies, MM-398 and MM-141, and an innovative platform for biomarker analysis at the 2013 AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics. The conference will take place on October 19-23, 2013 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Presentations will include preclinical studies of MM-398, a nanolipsomal encapsulated form of irinotecan, and MM-141, a bispecific antibody co-targeting IGF-1R and ErbB3, and their activity in tumor models. Data will be shared in three poster sessions.
- Session Title: Novel Assay Technology 1 A205: Development and application of a platform for analysis of protein biomarkers in clinical biopsies of limited quantity Sunday, October 20, 2013, 12:30 PM – 7:30 PM Exhibit Hall C-D
- Session Title: Tumor Microenvironment AC293: Irinotecan sucrosofate liposome injection, MM-398, demonstrates superior activity and control of hypoxia as measured through longitudinal imaging using [18F]FAZA PET compared to free irinotecan in a colon adenocarcinoma xenograft model Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 12:30 PM – 7:30 PM Exhibit Hall C-D
- Session Title: Monoclonal Antibodies C169: MM-141, a bispecific antibody inhibitor of PI3K/AKT/mTOR, attenuates tumor growth and potentiates everolimus in mouse models of anti-hormone therapy-resistant ER/PR+ breast cancer Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 12:30 PM – 7:30 PM Exhibit Hall C-D
About MerrimackMerrimack is a biopharmaceutical company discovering, developing and preparing to commercialize innovative medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of cancer. Merrimack applies its systems biology-based approach to biomedical research throughout the research and development process. Merrimack currently has six oncology therapeutics in clinical development. For more information, please visit Merrimack's website at www.merrimackpharma.com . Forward Looking Statements Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for Merrimack constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements. Merrimack anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its views to change. However, while Merrimack may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, Merrimack specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
CONTACT: Media Contacts: Debbie Tseng, Merrimack 617-441-7659 firstname.lastname@example.org Heather Gitlitz, Spectrum 202-955-6222 email@example.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts