Dell Software Demonstrates Commitment To Leading SQL Server Market With Upgrades To Spotlight Family Of Solutions
Dell Software bolstered its longtime commitment to the SQL Server database market here today at the industry’s leading conference for SQL Server professionals, by announcing the release of a host of new management tools, including Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise 10.0, the cornerstone of the company’s SQL Server offerings. Building on its 17-year legacy of providing cutting-edge enterprise-level database solutions, the new product releases announced today accentuate Dell Software’s commitment to providing affordable, easy-to-use SQL Server database management and monitoring solutions.
on SQL Server Enterprise 10.0 is a leading SQL Server database
monitoring tool, providing customers with the ultimate in flexibility
to suit their specific usage needs. A multitude of new capabilities
- Greatly increased flexibility for alarms and notifications, including the ability to execute Powershell scripts;
- Ability to monitor index fragmentation;
- Support for Android devices, which means Spotlight now boasts native mobile coverage on the top mobile platforms including IOS, Android and Windows mobile, as well as a browser-based version; and,
- Integration for LiteSpeed customers, enabling users to receive alarms and notifications related to their SQL backups directly within Spotlight.
Spotlight™ Healthcheck, a free community tool available at
helps SQL users remove uncertainty by giving them the ability to gauge
the health of their entire SQL Server Deployment. Spotlight
- A free health check to determine the status of the entire SQL Server infrastructure from a performance and system perspective, removing the worry and risk of unplanned outages;
- Innovative info-graphics to present the highest priority items for fast and efficient resolution; and,
- Ability to stay current with one new free health check per month.
Spotlight Freemium Edition, another new free tool downloadable at
integrates as a plug-in to the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and
it lets users experience the power of Spotlight on SQL Server
Enterprise for free. With Spotlight Freemium Edition, users can:
- Deploy real time monitoring across their SQL Server portfolios, tracking the most critical performance criteria and instantly notifying users when issues arise;
- View snapshots of all monitored instances using intuitive heat-map technology, with specific focus on high priority issues;
- Leverage capabilities in conjunction with a proactive system health check from Spotlight Healthcheck for a robust view of SQL performance; and,
- Easily upgrade to Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise to enjoy all of the components of a complete SQL Server monitoring and diagnostics solution.
Spotlight Essentials is a One-stop Resource for all Things Spotlight
A rebranded version of ProjectLucy.com,
places all the essential components of a complete SQL monitoring and
diagnostics solution in a single place, while providing unique
insights from collective intelligence gathered across the entire
Spotlight Essentials community. This unique collective intelligence
engine for SQL Server built by the SQL Server Community includes:
- Access to Spotlight Healthcheck;
- Access to Spotlight’s Collective Intelligence feature that enables users to benchmark how their SQL Server implementation stacks up against the entire Spotlight Essentials user base; and,
- Access to Spotlight Freemium Edition.
Additional Dell Software SQL Server Releases
Toad™ for SQL
Server 6 is a performance tuning tool for SQL that adds value to
Microsoft Management Studio with notable development and DBA features.
The new release includes:
- Improvements to the Multi Schema Compare functionality;
- Improvements to the SSMS plug-in; and,
- Enhanced change requests and issues resolution.
An ideal complement to both Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise and
Toad for SQL Server,
for SQL Server enables users to find and optimize the most
inefficient SQL in code or across a workload. The new release includes:
- Enhancements to the FindSQL module, which helps locate the most resource-intensive SQL in the server;
- Enhanced Index Advice engine; and,
- Ability to display missing index information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV