bolstered its longtime commitment to the SQL Server database market here today at
the industry’s leading conference for SQL Server professionals, by announcing the release of a host of new management tools, including
Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise
10.0, the cornerstone of the company’s SQL Server offerings. Building on its 17-year legacy of providing cutting-edge enterprise-level database solutions, the new product releases announced today accentuate Dell Software’s commitment to providing affordable, easy-to-use SQL Server database management and monitoring solutions.
Spotlight Essentials is a One-stop Resource for all Things Spotlight
- Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise 10.0 is a leading SQL Server database monitoring tool, providing customers with the ultimate in flexibility to suit their specific usage needs. A multitude of new capabilities include:
- Greatly increased flexibility for alarms and notifications, including the ability to execute Powershell scripts;
- Ability to monitor index fragmentation;
- Support for Android devices, which means Spotlight now boasts native mobile coverage on the top mobile platforms including IOS, Android and Windows mobile, as well as a browser-based version; and,
- Integration for LiteSpeed customers, enabling users to receive alarms and notifications related to their SQL backups directly within Spotlight.
- Spotlight™ Healthcheck, a free community tool available at www.SpotlightEssentials.com, helps SQL users remove uncertainty by giving them the ability to gauge the health of their entire SQL Server Deployment. Spotlight Healthcheck delivers:
- A free health check to determine the status of the entire SQL Server infrastructure from a performance and system perspective, removing the worry and risk of unplanned outages;
- Innovative info-graphics to present the highest priority items for fast and efficient resolution; and,
- Ability to stay current with one new free health check per month.
- Spotlight Freemium Edition, another new free tool downloadable at www.SpotlightEssentials.com, integrates as a plug-in to the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and it lets users experience the power of Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise for free. With Spotlight Freemium Edition, users can:
- Deploy real time monitoring across their SQL Server portfolios, tracking the most critical performance criteria and instantly notifying users when issues arise;
- View snapshots of all monitored instances using intuitive heat-map technology, with specific focus on high priority issues;
- Leverage capabilities in conjunction with a proactive system health check from Spotlight Healthcheck for a robust view of SQL performance; and,
- Easily upgrade to Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise to enjoy all of the components of a complete SQL Server monitoring and diagnostics solution.
Additional Dell Software SQL Server Releases
- A rebranded version of ProjectLucy.com, www.SpotlightEssentials.com places all the essential components of a complete SQL monitoring and diagnostics solution in a single place, while providing unique insights from collective intelligence gathered across the entire Spotlight Essentials community. This unique collective intelligence engine for SQL Server built by the SQL Server Community includes:
- Access to Spotlight Healthcheck;
- Access to Spotlight’s Collective Intelligence feature that enables users to benchmark how their SQL Server implementation stacks up against the entire Spotlight Essentials user base; and,
- Access to Spotlight Freemium Edition.
- Toad™ for SQL Server 6 is a performance tuning tool for SQL that adds value to Microsoft Management Studio with notable development and DBA features. The new release includes:
- Improvements to the Multi Schema Compare functionality;
- Improvements to the SSMS plug-in; and,
- Enhanced change requests and issues resolution.
Leading the way in solutions for SQL Server
- An ideal complement to both Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise and Toad for SQL Server, Optimizer for SQL Server enables users to find and optimize the most inefficient SQL in code or across a workload. The new release includes:
- Enhancements to the FindSQL module, which helps locate the most resource-intensive SQL in the server;
- Enhanced Index Advice engine; and,
- Ability to display missing index information.
Dell’s collective expertise and the breadth and depth of its SQL Server solutions span the entire IT infrastructure, from hardware to software and services. Dell is one of the largest resellers of Microsoft SQL Server licenses worldwide, and a leading worldwide Microsoft SQL Server deployment partner. Recipient of seven 2013 Microsoft Partner of the Year awards (more than any other partner), Dell has 17 Microsoft-certified Masters on-staff, more than 20 advanced Microsoft competencies, and more than 38,000 SQL databases managed worldwide.