Campus-wide program provides endpoint security to protect students, employees, and faculty
VANCOUVER, BC and ANAHEIM, CA: (Educause 2013 - Booth #910), Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Absolute® Software Corporation (TSX: ABT), the industry standard for persistent endpoint security and management solutions for computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones, will be at Educause 2013 showcasing the University Computing Initiative and the complete Absolute Software product portfolio.
The University Computing Initiative (UCI) provides patented Absolute security technology across the campus including students, employees, and faculty. For devices owned by the organization, the program includes Absolute Computrace® and Absolute Manage® - allowing IT to properly protect sensitive data and ensure these devices remain in their hands.
Personal devices owned by students are protected with Computrace LoJack for Laptops. Each student is given a separate account so they can privately maintain control over their device. And in the event of loss or theft, they can protect their personal information. Most importantly, students and parents can rely on the Absolute Investigations and Recovery Services team to work with local police to recover a stolen device.More than 90 percent of incoming freshmen own a laptop. If these devices aren't protected they can't be recovered. University-owned devices are also at risk which can lead to data breaches and other security incidents that will negatively impact the school's reputation. An Absolute-secured campus provides students, faculty, parents and the university with a proactive stance to help lower crime on campus, keeps students and faculty out of harm's way when recovering a device, and provides parents with peace of mind. During Educause 2013, Jennifer Bramlett, Senior Director, Investigations and Recovery Services at Absolute Software, will be speaking about end-to-end device security on campus. The presentation will share how safe campuses can be established with the University Computing Initiative. Jennifer will present on Wednesday, October 16 th at 12:30 pm at the Lenovo Booth #1401 and 3:30 pm at the HP Booth #1101. At the Absolute Software Booth all higher-education solutions will be showcased - Absolute Computrace, Absolute Manage, Absolute Service, and Absolute Secure Drive. Absolute Software has provided organizations within higher education with solutions to manage and secure IT endpoints (and the data they contain) since 1993. Absolute Software Customer Highlights:
- Since deploying Computrace on every laptop in their deployment, laptop theft at Thomas College has decreased significantly. The built-in, data-rich auditing capabilities of Computrace also plays a key role at the college, the IT team can closely monitor laptops for periods of inactivity and automatically receive alerts when a device has not been powered on for a predetermined period of time.
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University finds that Computrace is a great tool in reducing computer drift. Computrace provides near real-time information on location and status of laptops, helping to prevent laptop drift. Computrace allows the school to provide laptops to the students and faculty to work where they want, while the data remains protected.
- Absolute Software provides valuable computer asset management at Northwestern University. Absolute Manage provides authentic cross-platform capabilities allowing IT administrators to manage their entire deployment from a Mac or a PC. Absolute Manage also solves the time-consuming problem of setting up new computers. With a single automated process, the solution installs a complete operating system and standard applications without any interruption to users.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV