- The retrospective study, presented at the 2013 American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) Annual Scientific Meeting, demonstrated strong results with a high remission rate of 80%
- RedHill's RHB-104 is a new and improved proprietary single-pill formulation of the combination of active ingredients used in the retrospective pediatric study
- The independent, single-site, retrospective pediatric study was conducted in Australia by Prof. Thomas Borody, MD, a member of RedHill's Advisory Board, a renowned researcher in gastrointestinal diseases and the developer of RHB-104
- RedHill has recently initiated a Phase III study in the U.S. with RHB-104 for the treatment of Crohn's disease in adult patients and plans to initiate a second Phase III in Europe by mid-2014
TEL-AVIV, Israel, Oct. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RedHill Biopharma Ltd. (Nasdaq:RDHL) (TASE:RDHL) (the "Company" or "RedHill"), an emerging Israeli biopharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and acquisition of late clinical-stage, proprietary formulations and combinations of existing drugs, reported the presentation of a poster at the ACG (American College of Gastroenterology) 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting on October 14, 2013, and the pending publication in the American Journal of Gastroenterology, of positive results from an independent, single-center, retrospective study with 10 pediatric patients suffering from Crohn's disease - an inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal system with significant unmet medical need. The patients were treated with an earlier formulation of RedHill's RHB-104 anti-MAP ( Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis) combination therapy, using the same active ingredients in doses adjusted for pediatric usage.
The study was conducted by Professor Thomas Borody at the Centre for Digestive Diseases in Sydney, Australia, and was aimed at evaluating the safety and efficacy of the anti-MAP combination therapy for the treatment of Crohn's disease in pediatric patients.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts