BETHESDA, Md., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Courtyard, the brand that forever changed the hotel industry by pioneering the upper moderate tier of the hospitality industry in 1983, celebrates turning 30, with nearly 1,000 hotels in 38 countries and more than 30,000 associates. The largest brand by number of hotels in the Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) portfolio, Courtyard is embracing its leadership role and celebrating its heritage with guests and customers across the world at five spectacular events in Hong Kong, Doha, Berlin, Mexico City and Atlanta.
"Launching the Courtyard brand was our biggest risk and also our biggest reward," said Bill Marriott, Marriott International's Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board. "I'm so proud of what Courtyard has become but even more proud of where it is taking our industry."
Courtyard's continued growth and success is attributed to its understanding of business travelers. Through three decades, it has responded to the evolving needs of this important group of guests and continues to do so with its Courtyard Refreshing Business repositioning and its newly introduced Cynergy room design."Thirty years ago, our hotels catered to guests who were all about work and more work. We have innovated steadily to meet our guests' changing needs and their desire for more options and flexibility during their stay. The response has been significant," he added. Courtyard's entrepreneurial spirit has kept it at the forefront of innovation through the last three decades. It was the first brand to launch a digital lobby concierge, namely the GoBoards® as well as the first in the hospitality industry to offer calorie counts in its Bistro. Global expansion has led the brand to develop international prototype rooms and design directions in four regions. This has allowed the brand to maintain its relevancy as well as to ensure efficient business models for its owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV