JACKSON, Mich., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers Energy's average residential natural gas customer can look forward to saving about $50 in lower heating costs this winter.
"We're working hard to lower costs for our customers as part of our Promise to Michigan to provide affordable and reliable service. We know that many family budgets are tight these days and every savings helps out," said Tim Sparks, Consumers Energy's vice president of energy supply operations. Sparks noted that Consumers Energy is among the lowest-cost natural gas companies in Michigan.
Compared to 5 years ago, an average residential customer's bill this heating season is down about $200 as a result of steps taken by Consumers Energy. Michigan's largest gas utility has lowered its fuel costs by 44 percent, saving customers $260 million this winter compared to five years ago.
Consumers Energy delivers natural gas service to 1.7 million customers in 45 counties in Michigan's Lower Peninsula.Consumers Energy recommends that customers save additional money by making their homes more energy efficient. Information on the utility's energy efficiency programs is available at www.consumersenergy.com/save Consumers Energy also provides an easy-to-use calculator online to compare natural gas costs to other heating fuels, such as propane or heating oil. For details, visit: http://www.consumersenergy.com/gascenter and choose "Natural Gas Value Calculator." Consumers Energy, Michigan's largest utility, is the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS), providing natural gas and electricity to 6.6 million of the state's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties. For more information about Consumers Energy, visit us at www.consumersenergy.com SOURCE Consumers Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV