"Being a part of this project, which is set to providing Elsevier's authors, readers and other users with improved 3D visualization capabilities online on ScienceDirect has been an exceptional opportunity for us," added Julien Jomier, CEO of Kitware SAS in Lyon, France. "Our infrastructure provides the much-needed resources necessary for scientists to interact with publications and maximize their understanding of existing research."
Example articles featuring 3D viewers on ScienceDirect:
- J.H. Cole, C.P. Boyle, A. Simmons, S. Cohen-Woods, M. Rivera, P. McGuffin, P.M. Thompson, C.H.Y. Fu, Body mass index, but not FTO genotype or major depressive disorder, influences brain structure, Neuroscience, Volume 252, 12 November 2013, pp. 109-117, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306452213005903 (embedded 3D neuroimaging viewer)
- Gerhard W. Weber, Another link between archaeology and anthropology: Virtual anthropology, Digital Applications in Archaeology and Cultural Heritage, Available online 13 April 2013, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212054813000027 (embedded 3D archaeology viewer)
- Stephen S. Chen, James R. Williamson, Characterization of the Ribosome Biogenesis Landscape in E. coli Using Quantitative Mass Spectrometry, Journal of Molecular Biology, Volume 425, Issue 4, 22 February 2013, pp. 767-779, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022283612009138 (embedded 3D molecular viewer)
Offering interactive visualization tools and techniques, allowing for better and more accurate interpretation and analysis of research data is one of the pillars of Article of the Future, Elsevier's on-going program to improve the format of the scientific article.
# # #Elsevier journals currently offering 3D visualization services to their authors and readers Journal of Molecular Biology, Structure, Food Structure, FEBS Letters, BBA Proteins and Proteomics, Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, Mutation Research Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis, DNA Repair, Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Digital Applications in Archaeology and Cultural Heritage, Zoology, NeuroImage, NeuroImage: Clinical, Psychiatry Research Neuroimaging, Journal of Neuroscience Methods, Neuropsychologia, Brain Research, Neuroscience, Neuron, Current Biology, Journal of Neurolinguistics, Intelligence
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts