TruStar Energy Celebrates With WCA On New Station Launch In Gainesville, Fla.
GAINESVILLE, Fla., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TruStar Energy is excited to announce the grand opening of their most recent station build for national refuse hauler, WCA, at their Gainesville, Fla., location.
The time-fill station will serve to fuel WCA's fleet of over 50 compressed natural gas refuse vehicles. This station represents the first CNG fueling station in Gainesville, Fla, but WCA management views this as the introduction to a much bigger story.
"We're very impressed with WCA's commitment toward the environment and in moving away from foreign oil – but equally impressed with the timeframe they've established to migrate their fleet," said TruStar Energy Vice President, Scott Edelbach. "This two-compressor station allows them to increase their efficiencies by fueling on site using fuel that is about half the price of diesel and domestically produced. We designed the station for expansion, should WCA choose to do so." And according to Robert Mecchi, WCA Vice President of Fleet & Procurement, expansion is something that's core to WCA's growth model."The WCA Gainesville facility is a company milestone and adds a much greater footprint to WCA's growing CNG fleet," said Mecchi. "CNG is the best transportation fuel for our tethered fleets. The sheer prevalence of natural gas makes it the best domestic resource that can power our current and future transportation needs and greatly reduces our national dependency on oil imports." "WCA plans to install several stations over the next few years to achieve an overall 80% CNG-fueled fleet by 2017. As we see it at WCA, the benefits of using CNG fuel for heavy-duty trucks are: overnight fueling, quieter running (nearly half as loud as diesel trucks to the human ear) and a fuel that's domestically produced," said Mecchi.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV