F5 Networks (NASDAQ: FFIV) announced today it is joining the OpenStack Foundation as a Corporate Sponsor. By supporting the rapidly emerging and popular OpenStack cloud software, F5 is demonstrating its commitment to evolving standards-based cloud platforms and providing customers with greater choice and flexibility in deploying public and private cloud solutions.
OpenStack is an open source cloud computing platform that helps organizations manage compute, storage, and networking resources in private and public cloud environments. Service providers, enterprises, government agencies, and academic institutions around the world use OpenStack to power demanding production workloads.
- More Cloud Choices – F5’s community participation and engineering support for OpenStack initiatives will enhance the resources and guidance available to F5 customers, helping them confidently support production-quality cloud environments.
- Evolution of Layer 4-7 Network Services – F5 is interested in contributing to the development of layer 4-7 solutions for the OpenStack cloud platform.
- F5 and OpenStack Integration – Enterprises and service providers using OpenStack to support their public and private clouds will benefit from the integration of a full range of F5 application delivery services.
SUPPORTING QUOTES“Companies like F5 help drive adoption of OpenStack through their established relationships, expertise, and integrations that give consumers more choice when setting up their cloud environments. We welcome F5 to the OpenStack community and look forward to advancing the mission of OpenStack with their contributions.” Mark Collier, Chief Operating Officer, OpenStack Foundation “F5’s sponsorship of the OpenStack Foundation is great news for continued innovation around layer 4-7 network services and is further validation of the significance of the OpenStack platform in the cloud market.” John Engates, Chief Technology Officer, Rackspace “Key to OpenStack’s success will be a robust ecosystem of global technology leaders backing the project and working to advance OpenStack in the enterprise. Red Hat collaborates with F5 as part of this ecosystem through the Red Hat OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure Partner Network, and we’re looking forward to our continued collaboration to help customers get the most out of Red Hat’s OpenStack offerings and our open hybrid cloud solutions.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts