Frost & Sullivan's Australian Unified Communications (UC) Services Market 2013 report included results of a survey of 227 IT decision makers in Australia which found:
Frost & Sullivan Australian UC Market Report 2013
- Cisco and Microsoft are each mentioned by about one-third of organisations as the preferred vendor for cloud based UC solutions. This reflects the strong market position secured by Cisco and Microsoft in the Australian UC market, giving them a clear lead over competitors.
- Although the number of organisations replacing their PBXs with Lync is small, the solution in being closely evaluated by IT decision makers at the time of infrastructure upgrade or refresh. Close to 40% of organisations are favourable towards replacing their PBX infrastructure with Microsoft Lync PBX. This perception represents a significant improvement in business perception about the suitability of Lync as a PBX solution.
- Nearly 50% of organisations prefer to use a local carrier or telco for their UC deployments, with the preference for using a telco for UC deployment almost evenly distributed among large organisations and SMBs.
- Over 50% of organisations are likely to consider cloud based video conferencing solutions at the time of the next video conferencing infrastructure refresh.
- Over 50% of organisations in Australia consider Office 365 to offer the best functionality for cloud based UC solutions. This preference is almost evenly distributed among large organisations and SMBs.
, forms a part of the Frost & Sullivan Enterprise Communications Research program. All research services included in this subscription provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants. The report also includes survey results and statistics of
227 IT decision makers in
to understand market behaviour and views towards Unified Communications (UC). Respondents were senior management level executives, IT managers and IT decision makers with control of or insight into the technology budget and strategy of their organizations.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Contact us: Start the discussion
Corporate Communications –
P: +61 (02) 8247 8927F: +61 (02) 9252 8066E:
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan