Amarin is seeking expanded use of Vascepa to treat patients with mixed dyslipidemia. a person with mixed dyslipidemia is taking a cholesterol-lowering statin to lower LDL or "bad" cholesterol but still has moderately elevated levels of triglycerides, a fatty substance found in blood. People with mixed dyslipidemia are believed to be at higher risk for cardiovascular disease.
A preview of today's FDA panel, including an explanation of the issues to be discussed and voted upon, can be found here.Trading in Amarin shares will be halted for the duration of the FDA advisory panel. Experts on the advisory panel will vote today on whether or not to recommend the expanded use of Vascepa. The ultimate approval decision, however, wrests with FDA and is expected to be announced on Dec. 20. Feel free to post questions and comments during the live blog. I'll try to respond to as many as I can. -- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston. Follow Adam Feuerstein on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV