LOS ANGELES, Oct. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sport Chalet, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPCHA) (Nasdaq:SPCHB), a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer, today announced that it has elected Miki R. Berardelli, Chief Marketing Officer for Tory Burch, a women's fashion clothing and accessories company, to the company's Board of Directors.
"We are thrilled to have Miki join our Board and the Sport Chalet organization. She brings to us her years of working for some of the most recognizable and forward-thinking brands in the retail industry," said Craig Levra, Sport Chalet's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "As Sport Chalet embarks on our next phase of growth, our mobile and digital footprint and marketing initiatives are all critical components of our growth strategy, and Miki's extensive experience meeting consumers when, where and how they shop will be an asset to our company."
Ms. Berardelli has more than 20 years of marketing and e-commerce experience. As Chief Marketing Officer for Tory Burch, she oversees global marketing, public relations and e-commerce. Prior to joining Tory Burch in 2009, Ms. Berardelli spent eight years at Ralph Lauren. As the Senior Vice President of Marketing, she developed and led the multi-channel marketing strategy for the retail businesses.Serving her second term as Board Chairman, Ms. Berardelli is actively involved in Shop.org, the digital division of the National Retail Federation. She also serves on the Board of Giggle Inc., a multi-channel baby products and lifestyle brand. Ms. Berardelli earned a bachelor of arts from the University of Iowa and a master's degree from Northwestern University. Ms. Berardelli succeeds Eric Olberz, son of company founders Norbert and Irene Olberz, and Chief Financial Officer of several real estate corporations controlled by the Olberz Family Trusts, who stepped down from the Board of Directors after 20 years of service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV