Stanley Furniture Company, Inc. (Nasdaq-NGS: STLY) today reported sales and operating results for the third quarter of 2013.
Third quarter 2013 highlights:
- Net sales were $24.0 million, essentially flat to the third quarter of 2012.
- Gross margin declined to 11.6% of net sales compared to 14.0% in the third quarter of 2012.
- Selling, general and administrative expenses were $4.7 million (19.6% of net sales) compared to $4.6 million (19.3%) in the third quarter of 2012.
- Operating loss was $1.9 million compared to a loss of $1.3 million in third quarter of 2012.
- As of September 28, 2013, the company’s financial position reflected $22.7 million in cash, restricted cash and short-term investments.
Year to date 2013 highlights:
- Net sales were $74.2 million compared to $75.2 million for the nine months of 2012.
- Gross margin declined to 11.3% of net sales compared to 13.3% for the nine months of 2012.
- Selling, general and administrative expenses were $14.7 million (19.8% of net sales) compared to $13.7 million (18.2% of net sales) in 2012 period.
- Operating loss was $6.3 million compared to a loss of $3.7 million in 2012.
- Capital expenditures, leasehold improvements and investment in new operating systems totaled $5.1 million during the first nine months of 2013.
Overview“Our business showed important signs of improvement during the third quarter,” said Glenn Prillaman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “After three consecutive years of strategic change necessary to position both our Stanley and Young America brands for growth, sales have stabilized, both year-over-year and sequentially, and our cash used during the quarter declined compared to prior quarters, as guidance suggested. Our balance sheet remains strong and our plan to become profitable does not hinge upon further capital spending.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV