Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO), a global Internet media company, today announced that it entered into agreements with 34 states to resolve those states’ claims related to unclaimed property audits. As previously disclosed in the Company’s reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q, multiple states have claimed that certain shares of Travelzoo, which were not claimed by former shareholders of Travelzoo.com Corporation following the 2002 merger, were unclaimed property. While the Company disputes the states’ claims, the Company determined that it was in its best interest to resolve the disputes and settle with 34 of the states.
The multi-state settlement relates to an approximate 700,000 shares of Travelzoo that those states claim may be subject to escheat. An additional 15 states remain that have or may raise claims on a remaining approximate 400,000 shares that were not exchanged following the merger by residents in those states.
The Company expects to make one-time cash payments to the 34 states after further due diligence, which it intends to make from cash on hand. To cover those payments, as well as potential future settlements with the remaining 15 states, the Company expects to record an estimated $22.0 million charge, which will be included in the Company’s financial earnings release for the three months ended September 30, 2013, which is scheduled to be released on October 17, 2013.
About TravelzooTravelzoo Inc. is a global Internet media company. With more than 26 million subscribers in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific and 25 offices worldwide, Travelzoo® publishes deals from more than 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. Travelzoo Deal Experts review offers to find the best deals and confirm their true value. In Asia Pacific, Travelzoo is independently owned and operated by Travelzoo (Asia) Ltd. and Travelzoo Japan K.K. under a license agreement with Travelzoo Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV