MILPITAS, Calif., Oct. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intersil Corporation (Nasdaq:ISIL), a leading provider of innovative power management and precision analog solutions, today announced the appointment of Roger Wendelken as senior vice president of worldwide sales effective immediately. Mr. Wendelken brings valuable experience managing global sales organizations, increasing market share in key accounts and developing and growing distribution channels.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=21493
"Intersil has a strong technical heritage and a growing portfolio of differentiated products," said Necip Sayiner, president and CEO of Intersil Corporation. "Roger will play a key role in driving sustainable revenue growth as we continue to hone our portfolio. We're very pleased to have a sales executive with his experience join our team.""This is a great time to be part of the sales organization at Intersil, a company focused on winning in key markets through innovation," said Mr. Wendelken. "I look forward to working with the management team to enable our customers' success and grow the business." Mr. Wendelken has more than 20 years of sales experience in the semiconductor industry. He was most recently the senior vice president of worldwide sales for Volex Corporation. Previously he led the global sales organization for SMSC before it was acquired by Microchip, building a presence in a variety of competitive consumer, industrial and automotive markets. Mr. Wendelken also served as vice president of worldwide sales at AMCC and Marvell, where under his leadership, the sales team secured market share against larger competitors in key enterprise networking accounts. Mr. Wendelken holds a BSEE from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV